Article VIII: General Meetings
- There shall be not less than three General Membership Meetings annually: one in April and one following the beginning of each of the fall and winter academic terms.
- The President shall call other General Meetings of the Association:
- as directed by Council;
- as directed by the Steering Committee;
- at the written request of fifteen members of the Association.
- a. All General Meetings shall include, but not be limited to:
- A report by the President;
- Reports by any other Officers as deemed necessary by Council; and,
- An opportunity for general discussion of these and any other matters raised by members.
b. At the General Meeting in April, the agenda shall also include:
- A report by the Treasurer on the financial affairs of the union;
- Approval of the annual budget; and,
- Approval of changes to membership dues, if any.
- At least one week’s notice of any General Meeting of the Association shall be required.
- The Vice President shall normally preside at General Meetings of the Association.