Bylaw 20: Council Meetings and Voting
- The Chair of Council shall make every effort to ensure that voting takes place under conditions allowing for full and fruitful debate.
- A majority of the Steering Committee may decide to hold a council meeting in person or virtually and/or to allow for secure electronic voting.
- If a secure electronic vote is held, the Chair of Council shall provide instructions to Council members regarding the rules of debate and the methods of voting. The outcome of a secure electronic vote shall be recorded in a manner similar to that of an in-person vote.
- The Chair of Council shall announce the results of a vote to Council as soon as is possible after the conclusion of voting. How council members voted shall be kept confidential unless an audit is required.
- Any electronic vote will normally remain open for at least 24 hours. Electronic voting shall not take place on weekends.